The Hope Coaching Project - Helping Other People Evolve
The HOPE Program provides opportunities for dedicated, well-trained inmate "coaches" to work with young men inside the same facility who are willing to receive their support and guidance. We, the members of this program, believe that our share situational experiences lend greater credibility to our counsel and allow us to foster a much stronger sense of trust within each partnership we form. It is our mission to create a more positive prison culture that inspires the personal growth and development of every inmate inside each participating HOPE Program facility. Each of us is personally committed to encouraging and assisting all those persons within our circle of influence to follow our lead toward a more happy, healthy and productive way of life. We have all chosen to volunteer our time, energy and resources to this program because we believe in the goals of Helping Other People Evolve (HOPE).
Our Goals & Objectives
Our Goals Are To:
- Create an atmosphere within the institution that is conducive to personal growth and development.
- Continually express the importance of educational and vocational training.
- Increase self-confidence and positivity at every opportunity.
- Encourage the exploration of self awareness and spirituality.
- Provide consistent reinforcement of all positive behaviors and developing habits.
- Reduce the likelihood of recidivism for every single one of the program's participants.
- Successfully match ten pairs of program participants for one-to-one mentoring during the first six months.
- Double the number of program participants within the second six months so that there are 20 partnerships by the end of the first year.
- Maintain at least twenty active partnerships at all times after the first year.
- Expand the HOPE Program to other federal facilities within the Northeast Region by 2015.
- Form community partnerships with public and private organizations, including supervised release centers, who are similarly dedicated to helping HOPE Program participants successfully re-enter society.
- Achieve a 50% recidivism rate for all HOPE Program participants, of six months or longer, by the year 2020.
- Become a nationally recognized program throughout the Federal Bureau of Prisons by 2002.
Download The HOPE Program
Download The H.O.P.E. Program. Download the H.O.P.E. program, including an overview, Program Director, Coach and Mentee applications, manuals and more (below).